Hello Cyphre,

C> Hi,

C> I just had a quick look at
C> http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/dybase/doc/dybase.html#comparison . Is Rebol
C> really so slow or it is because the ported code isn't optimized to the
C> language yet?

Compare the following results:

Rebol: 18 seconds

h: make hash! []
start: now/time
n: 100000
for i 1 n 1 [
    append h i
]

print ["Elapsed time for" n "records" (now/time - start)]
-----------------------

Python: 0.37 seconds

import time
d = {}
start = time.time()
for i in range(0,100000):
    d[i] = i
print 'Elapsed time: ', time.time() - start,  ' seconds'

PHP: 1 seconds (rounded)

<?php
$start = time();
$arr = array();
for ($i = 0; $i < 10000; $i++) {
    $arr[$i] = $i;
}
print("Elapsed time: " . (time() - $start) . " seconds\n");
?>