Hi Sunanda and others contributors to the actual Library and Documentation systems,

I'll be glad to help the community as much as in the sense of doing some work
cataloging submitted scripts, ideas and the like as I
would have liked to get them used myself from the start I learned REBOL.

However remember that I am a starter as I begin again to learn REBOL since I was not
started a long time with ot as I had to go down
for another too longggg illness period ... I really have to start it all and I'll do
it quietly this time.

At least I know that I can count on you all to guide me and react quickly if something
is not up to the level you want it to be.

I'll sure contact Robert about REBOLDOC just to see if his project goes in the same
direction as the one you mentioned. May be using
a gotchas section in the actual cookbook, library or in the form or easy-vid lessons
could be enough to start with. In any case if
you have any material (ideas, comment, code for simple examples) to submit about how
to use each REBOL word, I'm opening the
entries. I have found many myself but they have to be organized and edited somewhat.

Later a section about some very small to small projects to be developed (from design
to code and doc) could be fun to put in place
too. Not just the final product but a full way of thinking guideline for real things.
I know that everybody here has its own way of
thinking but if books and teachers can do it for other languages why could we not do
it for REBOL. I also there is also a lot of
material on the REBOL basics but not much about how to develop small projects from
beginning to end in the spirit of REBOL designer.
The official book shows some but they are not trivial to me and we can do it simpler
for beginners I think. I think the cookbook is
the nearest of what I think about for now followed by the simple VID examples
contained in easy-vid.

If I speak for myself I recently found enough starting material in the cookbook to
really begin to understand how I can hope
interfacing some REBOL code with a functional GUI that will really use some text list
with sliders and react correctly to my users'
mouse events without having to ask everyone for the tiny details I couldn't find
myself from the VID or VIEW sources ... after
having looked in the docs too. In fact it's a bit too low level for me when I want to
do something quickly a la VB. I suppose it is
so for many newcomers and this could be eased in some way for them if we only want to
do something small without having to reinvent
the wheel everytime. This is why I like the idea of having some plug and play library
at hand for us to use - even if we have to
parameter it each time.

Regards,
Gerard