Scott ~

I have tried so many different variations of  scripts (the posted
mini-script was just part of a bigger one on a production server) that I
have lost track of what might have or  what not have worked :(

After a lot of debugging with trace and echo (boy, does trace ever spew
out info!) I found the culprit:

I had added a second email address in order to cc someone  with web
survey mail.
I am running qmail on all my servers and I had not added that domain in
qmail's rcpthosts file and  so send generated a '553' error and the try
failed.
So my best guess is that I must not have tried that particular email
address interactively...

As for the described formatting issues:

You see me confused, for the script works well with 'my' formatting (am
coming from C and Pascal and have always wanted my braces and begin/end
pairs lined up nicely). I thought I read somewhere that REBOL is very
lenient when it comes to white space etc. including CR/LF etc.?

Thanks as always for your very elaborate reply!

Cheers,
Kai