RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[8] Head to Heads vs Boro
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS
League: Man United 47 wins, Middlesbro 29, Draws 19
Prem: Man United 12 wins, Middlesbro 5, Draws 4

HEAD TO HEAD at Man United
League: Man United 28 wins, Middlesbro 11, Draws 8
Prem: Man United 5 wins, Middlesbro 3, Draws 2

---------------------------------
[7] Ref is
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
Chris Foy

---------------------------------
[6] Squads
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, Pique, Silvestre,
Heinze, Evra, Ronaldo, Giggs, O'Shea, Richardson, Park, Saha, Van Nistelrooy,
Rossi.

Middlesbrough (from): Jones, McMahon, Ehiogu, Wheater, Taylor, Doriva, Parlour,
Morrison, Yakubu, Christie, Johnson, Knight, Davies, Cattermole, Graham, Bates,
Riggott, Queudrue, Parnaby, Rochemback, Downing, Boateng, Viduka, Hasselbaink,
Maccarone, Southgate.

Lee Sharpe's book now in paperback, just £3.99!

---------------------------------
[5] McClaren
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
"It will be a completely different team at Old Trafford and we'll have to see
after that about Bolton. Hopefully in two, three or four years the core of the
team will be what was seen against Everton on Saturday. They are too young at
the present moment, they are gaining great experience but how far they can go
it's too early to tell."

---------------------------------
[4] Fergie reflects
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
"I think if we hadn't had the injury situation we had at the start of the
season, then we'd be there. There's no doubt in my mind about that. We have
good goal threats, three very good strikers who are capable of scoring and it
makes an impact on your results." We want to finish second and we want to win
our next two games."

---------------------------------
[3] BBC team news
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
'Wayne Rooney's metatarsal injury means Sir Alex Ferguson could pair Louis Saha
and Ruud van Nistelrooy up front.

The United boss expects to have left-back Gabriel Heinze available after a
minor groin strain.

Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren is set to make a series of changes for his
side's third of five games in 11 days.

Gareth Southgate and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink may be given time to rest
hamstring injuries while Mark Viduka has had a thigh problem.'

---------------------------------
[2] BBC on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
'England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is poised to take Wayne Rooney to the World
Cup despite his broken foot. "Wayne is a world-class player and we will give
him every chance to play in the World Cup; with such a huge talent you have to
do that," Eriksson said.

He insisted England were "one of four or five teams who can win the World Cup
and this will not change that".

Eriksson added that he had had "very encouraging news" about Michael Owen, who
is recovering from a foot injury.

Owen played for the first time on Saturday since breaking a bone in his foot on
31 December, and said he had felt some discomfort following a half-hour spell
as a substitute.

But Eriksson said on Sunday: "I have spoken to both Wayne and Michael today and
the news I have received from the doctor about Michael is very encouraging.

"As with Wayne, we will know more in the next few days."

        England's first game against Paraguay on 10 June is six weeks away, the
period predicted for Rooney's recovery.

Eriksson said that while he was hopeful of Rooney playing a part in the World
Cup, England still had a good chance of winning it if the Manchester United
star did not recover.

Rooney was injured in a tackle with Chelsea defender Paolo Ferreira towards the
end of Manchester United's 3-0 defeat, with which Chelsea clinched their second
consecutive Premiership title.

Rooney is seen as an integral part of England's bid to win the World Cup in
Germany.

He broke a bone in the same foot during England's quarter-final defeat by
Portugal in Euro 2004.

His absence was seen as a major factor in England's failure to progress to the
semi-finals.

But Eriksson said: "While losing a top quality player like Wayne for the
tournament would obviously be a concern, I strongly believe we have many
world-class players in the squad.

"I understand the injury news is a blow to every England fan but it is vital
that we all remain positive so we can achieve success in Germany."

Eriksson said he would "continue to speak to the medical staff at Manchester
United, who have been very helpful".

The World Cup knockout stages are scheduled to begin on 24 June - eight weeks
away - with the quarter-finals due to begin seven days later.

Eriksson will name his provisional World Cup squad on 8 May and his definitive
one by 15 May.

Under Fifa rules, coaches can replace players injured after the 15 May
deadline, but not those that picked up knocks before that date.

Rooney's position is remarkably similar to that of England captain David
Beckham before the last World Cup in 2002.

Then, Beckham broke his fifth metatarsal nearly eight weeks before the start of
England's World Cup campaign.

And while he played from the start of the tournament, he was clearly not fit -
a fact he later admitted.'

---------------------------------
[1] Last chance to get RN 124 TONIGHT!
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 1, 2006 by ed:
New Red News 124 out now. Buy it at the Boro game!

Order Red News 124 here!

United's First Fanzine. Now 19 years old!

Just £2.

Inside THIS issue. We go all retro and look back at the one we'd like to forget
- the 1976 FA Cup FInal but with exclusive and insightful interviews with 5 of
the United team from that day. We also have Interviews with Ole (part 2) and
Danny Wallace. Teresa McDonald on the George Best memorial. Gossip. Tony Smith.
YOUR View (letters). Tony O'Neill. Editorial Comment. Loyal Through and Through
- Kenneth. Peter Shaw on the money men. Terrible football lookalikes. Great
graphics and much, much more!

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

Either send sterling cheque for £2.50 to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16
8LG made payable to Red News) or by credit card below.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 124 Out April 9th
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order a single copy click on

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

Please fill in the price column online accordingly and state which issue or
offer when you are ordering.

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine. 10 issue offer.

Make sure you get EVERY issue of Red News, sent to your door! Thanks to our
link with the safe, simple to use and world wide massively known paypal you can
now order your 10 issue subscription to Red News via credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

To order the 10 issue sub click on

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm

NEW UNOFFICIAL 'ALTERNATIVE' HOME SHIRTS - £5 to Phoenix Fund

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Like a graphic or photo that has appeared in the mag (recently or ages ago)?
You can now order a 18"x12" (45¾cm x 30½cm) original print for just £15.00
including postage and packing in the UK (£20 ROW). The paper used is FujiFilm
Professional digital photographic paper at 254 DPI. The fade resistance of the
prints is also rated at 150 years. You can check in advance at [EMAIL
PROTECTED] if the print you want is possible or any specific requests you have.
Just order using the paypal link below and mark the exact issue number and page
you wish to order from with graphic title if there is one and we'll get
straight back to you.

IMPORTANT! Red News can now accept orders for items on sale in our shop -
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm - via credit card payment over the
phone or fax via the safe and secure worldpay service. This includes payment
for everything, from RN shirts, subscriptions or even individual orders for the
mag. We accept a wide range of credit and debit cards including Visa,
MasterCard, Switch and Electron amongst others. If you would like to order
something by phone, please e.mail your phone number, name and address to [EMAIL
PROTECTED] together with your order items and we'll ring you for your order,
notify you of stock and get it processed.

The shopper has the right to cancel within seven days of their contract with
us, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If the
shopper does cancel their order, they will have their payment returned and we
will outline the procedures they must follow to return their goods or services.
These follow the guidelines of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling)
Regulations 2000.

Subscribers Offer.  Red News subscribers now get 10% discount on ALL items on
the Red News shop -  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
which are exempt from this offer. For all other items please mark off 10% (ie
for a £25 item, it would be £22.50) and ensure you quote your subscription
number and you can order by mail, online or by phone/fax.

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

single copy order e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

prints e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40aol%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN%20prints&item_number=RN%20prints&no_shipping=2&cn=Which%20print%2c%20issue%20and%20pageno%3f&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40aol%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN%20prints&item_number=RN%20prints&no_shipping=2&cn=Which%20print%2c%20issue%20and%20pageno%3f&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

---------------------------------
[8] Bobby Charlton compares Wayne to Maradonna
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
"The news about Wayne is depressingly sad."

"Without him, we've gone from possible World Cup winners to outsiders. You
cannot replace Rooney. I don't think there's another player like him in the
country or in Europe.

"He's a very special player and without him our chances are dim. Undoubtedly
England are outsiders without him.

"People who win World Cups are top individuals. Who won the World Cup for
Argentina in 1986? I'll tell you - it was Diego Maradona."

---------------------------------
[7] Joe Cole on Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
"Knowing Wayne he will be back quicker than predicted by the medical team
because that's the sort of character he is."

"The game was gone by then and everyone in the stadium just thought: 'Oh no,
the World Cup, is Wayne going to be all right'.

"He's a mate and you don't want to see anyone get injured, especially at this
time with the World Cup around the corner.

"That would probably have been the first thing that crossed his mind.

"I wish him all the best. It was a nasty collision, Paulo didn't mean it, and I
hope he's back and fit because he's brilliant. He's one of the best in the
world for me.

"But whatever they tell him he'll be out for, I'm sure it will be half that or
three-quarters of that because he's got that winning character."

---------------------------------
[6] Gerrard on Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
Any team without Wayne Rooney isn't as strong. In my eyes he is one of the
world's best players now at 20,' said Gerrard, who is one of fellow Scouser
Rooney's closest friends in the England squad.

'It would be a disaster for England if we had to go to the World Cup finals
without Wayne. He is idolised around the country and is our main man.

'I think it is impossible to have a successful World Cup without Wayne.'

'I know Wayne will be desperate to go, so fingers crossed he can recover
quickly from this.'

'Hopefully he won't have to go through what I went through in 2004. From
experience I can tell him that it is a nightmare back home watching a World Cup
on the TV.'

'I do not want to talk about the situation over what alternatives there are and
what chance it gives to other people to play,' said Gerrard.

'Let's just keep our fingers crossed that Wayne does go to the World Cup.

'If it is not to be, obviously it is an opportunity for other players - Peter
Crouch, Jermain Defoe and Darren Bent - but I would much prefer to have a fit
Wayne Rooney in the starting XI.'

---------------------------------
[5] Sports injury expert on Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
Roger Roberton.

"Wayne is young and has a good team around him. The main thing is he mustn't do
any hard-impact exercise; it's better for him to swim. Being young it can take
between four and six weeks for this injury to repair properly.

"He must build up gradually the amount of exercise he does and have rest days
between sessions. When running, 40 or 50% of the body's weight is put on the
metatarsal's head. He should rest and not do much exercise and should be back
to normal in four to six weeks.

"I would doubt very much if he could make the first game, or even the second,
of the group stages. I would say he can be back in seven weeks. I would build
up between four and five weeks."

---------------------------------
[4] Mourinho on being RB manager
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
"For a manager it is the worst club you can work at.

"For example I won nine consecutive matches this season and I was never manager
of the month. Not one single time.

"I have been here for two years, we are champions and I have won manager of the
months two times in two years. That's just a simple example.

"You do what you can but you are never recognised.

"Chelsea are always treated in a negative way."

---------------------------------
[3] Fergie on game
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
"It didn't reflect the run of the game. We had a lot of the play and made some
good chances.

"Edwin van der Sar has not made a save and their keeper has made three
excellent saves.

"We had opportunities and missed them and if you miss them you expect to be
beaten."

---------------------------------
[2] Fergie on RB's
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
"It's not easy winning the league and Chelsea deserve to win it. They don't
lose games at home. Their home record is sensational."

---------------------------------
[1] Utd on Wayne
---------------------------------
Posted Sunday, April 30, 2006 by tb:
"Wayne Rooney has fractured the base of the fourth metatarsal on the right foot
and he will be out for six weeks."

And Ingerlund's first game in the World Cup is....six weeks time

---------------------------------
[5] Terry on today
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, April 29, 2006 by tb:
"To retain it and get the result against them would be extra special and the
fans would feel that too."

"They've been on a great run and put us under a bit of pressure."

---------------------------------
[4] Fergie on RB tactics
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, April 29, 2006 by tb:
"They will either set out a system to get the point they need to win the title
or they will go for broke. I think their priority will be to get a point and
win the title against us. I think they'll take a pragmatic view. They will want
to get over the finishing line as quickly as possible."

---------------------------------
[3] Fergie: We've always been the entertainers
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, April 29, 2006 by tb:
"People would always rather watch us, even going back 40 years."

---------------------------------
[2] Fergie on RBs
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, April 29, 2006 by tb:
"We can still get to 88 points this season. Our record is 91 and the total we
finish up with this season would probably have been enough to win the league 10
times since the Premiership started. It just shows what fantastic consistency
Chelsea have shown."

---------------------------------
[1] Fergie looks forward to  next season
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, April 29, 2006 by tb:
"This is as good a squad of players as we have ever had," he said. "We've
played good football this season. We've got three fantastic strikers in Wayne
Rooney, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Louis Saha and, if we get a reasonable bill of
health, we must have a massive chance.

"Our form over the last two or three months has told me I can be very positive.
In fact, if it wasn't for our injuries at the start of the season I think we
would still be in with a shout now. We're getting better all the time, so we
should be in a really good position to challenge for the title next season."

---------------------------------
[37] You could not make it up
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
from the Times

'Willo Flood was lounging on his settee at home in Manchester, talking to his
brother Shane on the phone and half-watching the Jack Black film School of Rock
when he felt a knife at his throat. He glanced round just enough to see a man a
little older than himself staring intently. Flood recognised a drug addict when
he saw one. "His eyes were in the back of his head and they’re staring at you.
In one second he can stick a knife in you and he wouldn’t have a care in the
world."

The burglar gestured for Flood to hand over the mobile. "He has to go now," the
burglar told Shane, who thought Flood’s friends were playing a prank at the
other end of the phone. The intruder had some other good lines, too.

"He said to me, ‘You’re Willo Flood, this is nothing personal.’ Nothing
personal and he was in my house with a knife to my throat, threatening to kill
me if I didn’t take the plasma off the wall."

At 5ft 7in and 10st, Flood is no Duncan Ferguson. He obeyed. The burglar then
marched him from room to room in the house, checking for valuables and making
sure there was nobody else around. I just gave him whatever was in the house.
It didn’t bother me what he took. I was just worried about my safety."

At knifepoint Flood was then ordered to pile the goods in his car: the
television, a Playstation, his mobile, anything that could quickly be sold on.
Finally, about 20 minutes after breaking into the house and putting the knife
to Flood’s throat, the burglar took his wallet and car keys and sped off.

Paul Forden, 29, from Manchester, admitted aggravated burglary and was
sentenced to eight years’ imprisonment.

The court was told that Forden was wearing a Manchester City shirt when
arrested.

---------------------------------
[36] Fergie won't change tomorrow
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
"We don't change our way of playing when we go down there. Every game, we
normally try to win. We're not going to change tomorrow. I don't think Chelsea
would expect us to. It's just a more interesting game than there's been for a
few weeks. You would have a chance, simply a win tomorrow means it's
mathematically possible. But I think they're in the driving seat. There's no
doubt about that - if they can get a point in one of the next three games. It's
very difficult to assess and see where we're going to win the league but you
never know. I'm not giving up in terms of trying to win the game tomorrow,
without question. I want to play to our form, which has been good. If we can
get a result tomorrow, it at least ekes it out a little bit longer in terms of
the presentation and we would have done our job."

---------------------------------
[35] SKY win 3 of 6 packages, 3 still to be sorted
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
from soccernet

'BSkyB's domination of Premier League television rights will continue after the
Premier League announced the satellite broadcaster will screen at least half of
the 138 live matches from 2007 to 2010. Sky have been awarded the rights for
three of the six packages of 23 games each, and are favourite to win a second
round of bidding within the next fortnight for two more packages.
Under a deal struck by the League with the European Commission, Sky will be
limited to a maximum of five packages, or 115 matches.
The League said in a statement: ``Following the submission of bids by
interested parties, the FA Premier League is in a position to announce that it
has awarded three out of the six packages of live rights to BSkyB. We will be
proceeding to a second round of bidding for the remaining three packages in due
course.
'There will be no further comment on this from the Premier League until the
conclusion of the second round of bidding. Bidders are also bound by similar
confidentiality.'
The next round of bidding is likely to take place at the end of next week or
the beginning of the week after that.
A number of other broadcasters are also competing and Irish pay TV operator
Setanta are favourites to secure the other package. Other companies including
cable firm NTL, ITV and Channel 4 are also understood to have bid.
The EC reached an agreement with the Premier League in March to end Sky's
monopoly of live matches.
The commitment, which will remain in force until 2013, is aimed at increasing
competition and providing a better service to football fans.
It ended a long-running legal dispute in which the Commission said current
arrangements deprived fans of choice, led to higher prices and discouraged
innovation.
The deal also increased the availability of rights to broadcast via mobile
phones.'

---------------------------------
[34] Not one online order for a mag since Wednesday - show you care, make a
massive difference
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
Latest issue 124

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine. 10 issue offer.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

[...]

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

---------------------------------
[33] Official Site on Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
'Sir Alex Ferguson will again be blessed with attacking options at Chelsea on
Saturday following Louis Saha's return to fitness.

The United boss confirmed at Friday's press conference that his French striker
"has trained for the last two weeks and has had the benefit of good
preparation."

Saha missed the Reds' previous two games - the disappointing 0-0 draw with
Sunderland and the 2-1 win over Tottenham on Easter Monday. He's rejoined in
the first-team squad by Kieran Richardson, also fit again after an absence
dating back to the Birmingham game on 26 March.

Gabriel Heinze, however, will not be available for selection after suffering a
minor groin injury on reserves duty in midweek. The Argentine defender is still
hopeful of making a first-team return in one of United's last two home games on
1 and 7 May.

Sir Alex said: "Gabi won't be travelling. He got a bit of a groin strain with
the Reserves. Maybe the second game was a bit too quick for him, but he was
eager to play. He should be ready for Monday [against Middlesbrough] though.

"Other than him, we're all ready to go down and it should be a fantastic game."

United need to win to prevent Chelsea clinching the Premiership title and
prolong their own hopes, but even in that event Sir Alex is still realistic
about the trophy's probable destination.

"We don't change our way of playing," he said. "We will go down there and try
to win. If we win it's mathematically possible but they're still in the driving
seat.

"We're not giving up in terms of trying to win the game tomorrow, that's
without question. We want to play to our form and if we can get the result then
it eeks it out a little bit longer."

---------------------------------
[32] Rossi on South African pre-season
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
"The tour does offer another opportunity to perform. We will be playing in
front of big crowds and obviously the manager and all the first-team coaching
staff will be there too. First-team wise, not much has happened for me since
the Burton Albion game, so at the moment it is about taking every opportunity I
get to remind the manager what I can do. Everyone wants to go out to Old
Trafford and play with the best players. It is the goal of everyone. You just
hope your dream will come true."

---------------------------------
[31] United squad
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra,
Ronaldo, Giggs, O'Shea, Richardson, Park, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Rossi,
Pique.

---------------------------------
[30] More Rossi
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
"My goal is to be here with United next season. That would be great but if
there is little space for me in the attack then my guess would be that the best
move would be for me to go out on loan and gain some experience and be playing
more. I have spoken to a few of the reserve lads who have been out on loan and
they have been doing well and have enjoyed it. It could benefit me if I can't
get a chance in the first team. It has been a long time since I was out there
against Burton Albion in the FA Cup in January. I haven't seen the pitch much
since then!"

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-795737-10366578

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[29] MEN on friendlies we told you about
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
'UNITED have confirmed two more dates in their pre-season programme by
announcing friendly clashes with local duo Preston and Macclesfield.

Sir Alex Ferguson's side will visit Preston - who could yet be in the
Premiership next season - on Saturday, July 29 before sending a largely reserve
line-up to Macclesfield two days later.

With a three-match tour of South Africa and a trip to Amsterdam for the
prestigious four-team tournament in early August already booked, the Red Devils
are now just to finalise details of their high-profile game to 'open' the
expanded Old Trafford, with Champions League finalists Barcelona still the most
likely opponents.

---------------------------------
[28] Loan watch
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
Paul McShane returns from loan spell for a hernia operation at United

---------------------------------
[26] BBC on Wallace
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
'A former England footballer who suffers from multiple sclerosis is due to
complete the London Marathon.
Danny Wallace's soccer career ended when he was struck down with the
neurological condition 10 years ago.

The 44-year-old ex-Manchester United and Southampton player has taken six days
to complete the 26.2 mile route.

Former boxer Michael Watson, who completed the marathon in seven days in 1991
after being in a coma following a fight, will greet him at the finish.

Wallace has taken part in the marathon to raise money for the Danny Wallace
Foundation which researches multiple sclerosis and helps sufferers.

Next year he wants to secure several places for the charity.

Wallace is not the last person to finish the marathon - Lloyd Scott is walking
the route dressed as St George, with a full suit of armour and towing an 8ft
dragon.

He is expecting to take eight days to reach the finish line.

On Thursday Lynn Aston, who has to take oxygen 24-hours-a-day due to a chronic
obstructive pulmonary disease, completed the marathon.

And on Friday, former tennis player and GMTV host Andrew Castle finished his
run after collapsing at the 25-mile point on the day of the race.

He blamed a lack of food on his inability to finish on Sunday.'

---------------------------------
[25] From the Portugal Supporters Club
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, April 28, 2006 by ed:
Manchester United Portuguese Supporters Club announces that Manchester United
under12 team managed by Coach Tony Whelan will arrive tonight at Lisbon airport
in order to defend the title conquest last year at the Malveira International
Tournament. The Red Devils staff is expected to land across 21:00h. The boys
will participate once again at the best youth tournament of the country played
in the small village of Malveira near Lisbon. Manchester United will play
against the home team Athletic Malveira, the tree best teams of the country
Sporting CP, FC Porto and SL Benfica and the Spanish giants Athletic Madrid.
During the tree days tournament our Manchester United Portuguese Supporters
Club will support the team as we did last year hoping that the boys can
conquest the first place once again. We will update Red News with full details,
pictures and movies from the event for all the fans.

29 April 2006 (Saturday)

15h00 – TOURNAMENT KICK-OFF
16h00 – BENFICA vs SPORTING
16h45 – PORTO vs ATHLETIC MADRID
17h30 – MANCHESTER UNITED vs ATHLETIC MALVEIRA
20h00 – PORTO vs ATHLETIC MALVEIRA
20h45 – ATHLETIC MADRID vs BENFICA
21h30 – MANCHESTER UNITED vs SPORTING

30 April 2006 (Sunday)

14h30 – MANCHESTER UNITED vs ATHLETIC MADRID
15h15 – ATHLETIC MALVEIRA vs SPORTING
16h00 – BENFICA vs PORTO
20h00 – ATHLETIC MADRID vs SPORTING
20h45 – BENFICA vs ATHLETIC MALVEIRA
21h30 – MANCHESTER UNITED vs PORTO

1 May 2006 (Monday)

09h30 – ATHLETIC MADRID vs ATHLETIC MALVEIRA
10h15 – MANCHESTER UNITED vs BENFICA
11h00 – SPORTING vs PORTO
12h00 – CUP CEREMONY

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10412212