http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM

&currency
RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[2] Today's news - Monday 8th May and for THIS week
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, May 8, 2006 by ed:
Today's news is located here and now in the VIP forum at
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php -
and available for immediate access for readers of the fanzine, subscribers,
those who bought the mag at the Charlton game, ordered it online or are
currently members of the VIP area.

Every day this week the news for that day will be located in this area. Mondays
news for the 8th May will be loaded here tomorrow. We have done this to reward
our loyal readership for their continued support and backing for Red News.

If you would like to gain immediate access to the VIP area, but weren't able to
get a mag at the Charlton game, etc, you still can get in, by ordering the mag
online at

Issue 125

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

All you have to do to then to join the forum is log in and sign in and create
yourself a username if you don't have one already, then if you are a subscriber
follow the instructions at  http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703 or if you are a reader or wish
to purchase entry also go to  http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703 and follow the instructions.

************

As our final RN of the season (125) is out for the Charlton game and ONLY
available for one league game (instead of the usual 2, 3 or 4), we obviously
need to make sure we sell above average for one day to make up for the lost
readership we will get for not having extra selling days.

Though we know you love the website - and news - it is the mag which is the
backbone for the whole RN 'foundation' and as such, for the news for Monday May
8th through to Friday May 12th, you will ONLY be able to get the news for that
day, as it happens and throughout that day, via the VIP forum - where you will
gain access either by buying a mag either at the Charlton game or in advance by
mail order here.

The news will then be contained in our VIP forum for each day - and you can
gain access (subscribers are in there for a year) if you are not already by
being put in there if you order the mag here in advance - or by giving us the
password next week after you buy it at the Charlton game which will relate to a
question from the mag (which we'll let you know what to do as of next Monday).
Buy or pre-order the mag and entry to the VIP area is FREE. There is also a
chance that there will be no news here during some days in the summer and the
news on those days will ONLY be contained in the VIP forum.

For those who are never going to buy the mag, and always 'just lurk' you will
be given Mondays news here as usual...but on the Tuesday, and so on and so on
until the Saturday - which will be the Friday news! We realise some will go
elsewhere but it's an important/vital way of helping us, and giving us
something back...in return for you getting what we think is a great read in the
bargain (the mag) and of course news as it happens. The most extensive United
news on the web? We think so!

You can order mag 125 here, and if you're not already a member of the forum
just visit  http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php and sign up and we'll do the rest and
then you are ready to enter the VIP forum next week.

Issue 125

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

Red News has set up a VIP members forum for readers and subscribers and those
paying £10 for entry for a year to share views, receive gossip and the
occasional breaking news story from Red News itself away from prying eyes and
ABUs.

 http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

All you have to do to join the forum is log in and sign in and create yourself
a username if you don't have one already, then if you are a subscriber follow
the instructions at  http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703 or if you are a reader or wish
to purchase entry also go to  http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703
http://rnforum.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9703 and follow the instructions.

Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN 125 out May 7th
RN 124. 1976 Cup Final interviews
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Either send sterling cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG made
payable to Red News) or by credit card below.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

To order the 10 issue sub click on

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

The Best

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

M, L (28 inches high, 22 inches wide), XL (29 inches high, 24 inches wide) and
XXL sizes available

Just £15 inc p&p UK, £17 ROW - product code is, simply, BEST

You can order by sending a cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Alternatively you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or
Solo - for any one or any number of the shirts/hoods via the fast, safe and
secure paypal.

Just make sure you enter the correct product code for each shirt/hoodie (listed
on the shop part of the site) when ordering, together with the size (if others
than extra large are available, check on each specific item if that is the
case) and the correct price - please fill in the price column online
accordingly. Prices includes postage and packing.

Click on

e.mail html

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

You can order one of the many books we have in stock by credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - via the fast, safe and secure paypal.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the name of the book and the price column
online accordingly

All prices are for UK, for Europe add £1 for each book, £2 for ROW

Red News' European Glory 68 and 99 by the fans - £9.50 inc p&p
Red News' If The Reds Should Play - travelling across Europe as United
supporters -  £8.99 inc p&p
Frank Taylor's The Day A Team Died - £10.50 inc p&p
Keith Norris' My Big Lily - £10.50 inc p&p

e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

My Memories of Manchester United by Norman Whiteside (published 2003) just
£5.99 INCLUDING postage and packing (rrp £14.99 - you save £9!) through Red
News.

All prices are for UK, for Europe add £2 for each book, £4 for ROW

When ordering state Norman on product code

e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Books&item_number=RN+Books&cn=Please+state+book+title%28s%29_code=GBP

SPECIAL OFFERS!!!

- A random selection of 10 back issues from recent and distant past for just
£7.50 in the UK inc p&p, £12.50 inc p&p ROW!

or  - The full set of 50+ available back issues (PLUS The Secret Diary Of
Cantona book) are JUST £30.00 (incl. p&p) in the UK, £40.00 (incl. p&p) Rest of
the World.  - An absolute BARGAIN!

or-  order copies individually

Back issue Available/Cost

The following are just £0.20p each + an 47p S.A.E.
(unless otherwise stated)
Vol 2 No.4 Paraffin Pete
Vol 3 No.1 G. McQueen interview
Vol 3 No 2 The 55 Day Fiasco
Vol 3 No.4 Paul McGrath interview
Vol 4 No.1 We're back!
Vol 4 No.2 First Cantona Diary

The following are just £0.40p each + an 47p S.A.E.
(unless otherwise stated)
Vol 5 No.1 Reliving the dream
Vol 5 No.2 Big Jim Holton
Vol 5 No.4 Sir Matt Busby
Vol 5 No.5 Cometh the hour. Cometh the Man...United
Vol 5 No.6 Champions Again!
Vol 6 No.1 Steve Bruce interview
Vol 6 No.2 New A5 size.
Vol.6 No.3 Red & Famous
Vol 6 No.4 Still The King
Vol 6 No.5 Paddy Crerand interview
Vol 6 No.6 Dion Dublin interview
Vol 6 No.7 Brian Robson interview
Vol 7 No.1 Managers interview
Vol 7 No.3 Joe Jordan interview
Vol 7 No.4 IMUSA interview
Vol 7 No.5 Sammy McIlroy interview
Vol 7 No.6 Arthur Albiston interview
Vol 7 No.7 Paul Ince interview
Vol 8 No.1 Double Double Special
Vol 8 No.2 Milan & Ireland
Vol 8 No.7 Great Euro Aways
Vol 8 No.8 Porto Special Report
Vol 9 No.2 Barca '84
Vol 9 No.4 Rotterdam
Vol 9 No.5 Borino Torino
Vol 9 No.6 Munich - Never Forgotten
Vol 9 No.7 Scouse-tubbies
Vol 9 No.8 Monaco
Vol 9 No.9 Euro woe
No. 53 Stam interview
No. 54 Gary Pallister interview
No. 55 SKY
No. 56 Sheringham interview
No. 57 Kiddo
No. 58 Utd 2 Liv 1!
No. 59 Gary Neville

The following are just £0.60p each + an S.A.E. of a 47p stamp in the UK
(unless otherwise stated)
No. 64 Lack of atmosphere.
No. 65 Keane
No. 69 Paddy Crerand Interview
No. 70...Eric beach tournament
No. 71...Dublin, Bizarre Games
No. 72...Norman Whiteside interview
No. 74...Graz Issue
No. 75...Brian McClair interview Issue
No. 76...Trafford Borough Council interview
No. 78...Fergie special (£2.50 inc p&p)
No. 79...The Ali Veron show
No. 80...The Jaap Stam story - his ghostwriter interviewed
No. 81...Bryan Robson interview
No. 82...Great United Songs + Wes Brown i/view (£2.50 incl p&p)
No. 84...Mikael Silvestre interview
No. 86...End of season special
No. 87...Eric Cantona interviewed
No. 88...I met a player once
No. 89...Rio Ferdinand interview
No. 91...United are back!
No. 92...Gary Neville interview
No. 94...Monopoly/George Best FREE poster inside
No. 96...Summer Title Issue
No. 98...Cuddly Pete is off
No. 99...Rio urine storm
No. 101...Lee Martin interview
No. 102...Quinton Fortune interview
No. 103... Happy birthday Paddy Crerand
No. 104... I'm a Fan not a Customer
No. 105... Ryan Giggs interview

Back issues from last season cost just £0.75 each + S.A.E. of a 42p stamp  in
the UK
(unless otherwise stated)

No. 106... Summer Special, views on Alan Smith signing (All of the above offers
are subject to availabilty.)
No. 107... August Edition.
No.108... Karl Evans interview

SPECIAL OFFERS!!!

- A random selection of 10 back issues from recent and distant past for just
£7.50 in the UK inc p&p, £12.50 inc p&p ROW!

or  - The full set of 50+ available back issues (PLUS The Secret Diary Of
Cantona book) are JUST £30.00 (incl. p&p) in the UK, £40.00 (incl. p&p) Rest of
the World.  - An absolute BARGAIN!

Back issues from this season cost just £2.00 each + S.A.E. of a 47p stamp  in
the UK (unless otherwise stated) - or cheque for £2.50 and £3.50 ROW.

Issue. 119 Roger Brierley RIP
Issue. 120 Ted Beckham and Van Der Sar interviews
Issue. 121 George Best tributes
Issue. 123 Ole interview
Issue. 124 1976 Cup Final interviews with United team

(any back issue not listed has sold out and is completely unavailable)

Sterling cheques (only, please) payable to : RED NEWS should be sent to : Red
News, PO Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+Back+Issues&item_number=Back+Issues&page_style=PayPal&cn=list+editions+ordered&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+Back+Issues&item_number=Back+Issues&page_style=PayPal&cn=list+editions+ordered&currency_code=GBP

Short Sleeve 1968 ECF top WITH full Embroidery. HIGHEST QUALITY

ONLY £22.50 including postage and packing!

Available in Medium, Large and Extra-Large sizes. Royal ECF Blue. Please
specify SIZE when ordering.

Click on  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec02.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec02.htm for badge detail

Price: £22.50 inc. p&p in UK
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: RNE02

You can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo.

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Just mark the product code - RNE02 - when ordering below.

Click on

Long Sleeve 1968 ECF top WITH full Embroidery. HIGHEST QUALITY

ONLY £25.00 including postage and packing!

Available in Medium, Large and Extra-Large sizes. Royal ECF Blue. Please
specify SIZE when ordering.

Click on  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec02.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec02.htm for badge detail

Price: £25.00 inc. p&p in UK
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: RNE03

You can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo.

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Just mark the product code - RNE03 - when ordering below.

Click on

The Alternatives...

NB. £5 from EVERY shirt sold will go straight to the MUST Phoenix Fund.

100% unofficial Short Sleeve 100% cotton, high quality shirts.

Option 1

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of 1968 ECF style crest. HIGHEST QUALITY.

ONLY £29.99 including postage and packing!

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Red ECF Style
crest with white ringer sleeve and neck. Please specify SIZE when ordering.

Click on <http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm for badge detail

Price: £29.99 inc. p&p in UK
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: 1878ringer or RNT64

Option 2

NB. £5 from EVERY shirt sold will go straight to the Shareholders United
Phoenix Fund.

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Manchester, 1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of Phoenix style crest. HIGHEST
QUALITY.

ONLY £29.99 including postage and packing!

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Red Phoenix
Style with white ringer sleeve and neck. Please specify SIZE when ordering.

Click on  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm for badge detail

Price: £29.99 inc. p&p in UK
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: Phoenix or RNT65

You can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo. Or by
post at Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Just mark the product code and shirt size when ordering below.

PLEASE NOTE. Because each shirt has a hand embroided crest, which is specific
to each order we get, though we will endeavour to deliver your order as quickly
as we can, the standard 28 day turnover rule does apply.

To fit chest:
S       36" (length 27 inches width one side 18 inches)
M       40" (length 28.5 inches width one side 19 inches)
L       42" (length 28.5 inches width one side 20.5 inches)
XL      44" (length 29.5 inches width one side 22 inches)
XXL     50"

Click on to order via paypal below

e.mail html

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red+News+Shirts/Hoodies&item_number=RN++Shirts/Hoods&cn=State+product+code&currency_code=GBP

You can also order by phone or fax.

IMPORTANT! Red News can now accept orders for items on sale in our shop -
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm - via credit card payment over the
phone or fax via the safe and secure worldpay service. This includes payment
for RN shirts, subscriptions or even individual orders for the mag. We accept a
wide range of credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Switch and
Electron amongst others. If you would like to order something by phone, please
e.mail your phone number, name and address to [EMAIL PROTECTED] together with
your order items and we'll ring you for your order, notify you of stock and get
it processed.

The shopper has the right to cancel within seven days of their contract with
us, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If the
shopper does cancel their order, they will have their payment returned and we
will outline the procedures they must follow to return their goods or services.
These follow the guidelines of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling)
Regulations 2000.

Subscribers Offer.  Red News subscribers now get 10% discount on ALL items on
the Red News shop -  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
which are exempt from this offer. For all other items please mark off 10% (ie
for a £25 item, it would be £22.50) and ensure you quote your subscription
number and you can order by mail, online or by phone/fax.

---------------------------------
[14] Bored on a Saturday? Why not take a look and order one of these many great
items!!!
[...]

[13] Fergie on scoring
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
"We have not scored a goal at home for two games in a row now and we are better
than that. Hopefully, we will get our form back. We have a great home record
against Charlton and, in a game of this magnitude, I want us to continue it."

---------------------------------
[12] Giggs on season
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
''Obviously it's been a disappointing season. Every season you go to win every
trophy you are in. We won the League Cup, which is nice but we want to do
better, we want to win the league. I think all things considered we've had a
good end to the season. We've got a lot of players back and more to come back.
Important players too like (Paul) Scholes, Gabby (Gabriel Heinze), and we've
obviously lost Keano (Roy Keane). We've had to put up with a lot this season.
We gave Chelsea a run for their money for a couple of weeks and we feel this
team can do well next year.''

---------------------------------
[11] Spurs on Carrick contract
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
Martin Jol

"There is no more progress on his contract. I don't think it is important. It
was the same with Ledley (King). It is nice he has signed a new contract - but
he still had another two years to go. Carrick's contract may be a worry next
year, but not now."

---------------------------------
[10] Fergie on 2nd
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
"I always feel it's important to win the last game of the season but this one
is a massive game for us. It's typical United, we tend to do things the hard
way. We have to finish second and hopefully a really determined performance
from us will help us do that.  There was a lack of urgency against
Middlesbrough but I think that had a lot to do with the energy we used up
during the Chelsea game. There was a lot of tension before that match and
losing it might have had an impact. But I think the fact that Middlesbrough had
a completely fresh team is a more valid reason. We showed more urgency in the
second half and should have won it. We'll be much fresher on Sunday and I'm
sure we'll get the right performance"

http://www.laterooms.com/partner/pid-P1080.html?http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotels_manchester.html

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[9] Gordon McQueen on official site
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
'Wayne Rooney's untimely injury has brought back painful memories for Reds
legend Gordon McQueen.

The former United and Scotland defender missed out on playing in the World Cup
Finals in 1978 when he was hurt just two weeks before the tournament.

"The difference between me and Wayne Rooney is that I wasn't expected to go and
win Scotland the World Cup!" Gordon told ManUtd.com.

"A lot of people have been expecting Wayne to win it for England, that's why
it's been back page and front page news all week.

“My knee ligament injury wasn't a major story. I'd played in every qualifying
game - I think only Kenny Dalglish and myself did so - but news-wise, people
were thinking "oh well, someone else will take his place." There's nobody to
take Wayne Rooney's place."

"If I was Wayne, I wouldn't travel to Germany. Unless he's got a fantastic
chance of playing, I'd say to him don't go, because it'll eat your insides out."

"It was at Hampden, the last ground in the UK to have the old square goalposts.
I whacked my leg against the post, they took me off as a precaution because it
was a bit sore and put an elastoplast on it because there was a bit of a graze.

"During the night, it started to swell up and I knew then, in my heart of
hearts, that I was going to miss the World Cup. I was absolutely
broken-hearted."

McQueen has been following Rooney's situation with interest, in particular the
point that Wayne might still travel to Germany in the hope of playing in the
World Cup quarter-finals and beyond.

"Scotland took me to Argentina in '78 because they thought I might be fit for
the later stages," recalled Gordon.

"If we'd got to the later stages, which we didn't because we never do (!), then
I wouldn't have made it anyway. I barely made the start of the next season.

"It was pure frustration for me to be out there. If I was Wayne Rooney, I
wouldn’t go to Germany. Unless he’s got a fantastic chance of playing, then I
would say to him don't go, because it'll eat your insides out."

---------------------------------
[8] Head to Heads vs Charlton
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
from BBC

'HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS
League: Man United 32 wins, Charlton 10, Draws 11
Prem: Man United 11 wins, Charlton 0, Draws 2

HEAD TO HEAD at Man United
League: Man United 18 wins, Charlton 3, Draws 5
Prem: Man United 5 wins, Charlton 0, Draws 1

---------------------------------
[7] Other marks
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
It will be Ronaldo's 100th start for United, and John O'Sheas 200th appearance

---------------------------------
[6] Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
It'll be his 200th start for United tomorrow... but his last?

---------------------------------
[5] Ref is
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
Martin Atkinson

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/16139340/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=17211&a=608750&g=16139340
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

Bryan Robson's autobiography - coming in May

---------------------------------
[4] Charlton boss on his last game
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
"I have said to the players there are not many times when they will go to Old
Trafford to play in front of 70,000 under no pressure whatsoever. The worst
that can happen to us is we can drop a place. They can go there not to enjoy
themselves but to relax and try to play some decent football. Sunderland and
Middlesbrough have shown everyone the way by getting points there. We owe it to
Liverpool to try our best and we will."

---------------------------------
[3] Important info about news here next week
---------------------------------
[...]

[2] Fergie on 2nd
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
"Liverpool's consistency means it has gone down to the wire. It is typical of
United. We always tend to do things the hard way. but I'm sure we'll get the
right performance."

---------------------------------
[1] Charlton squad
---------------------------------
Posted Saturday, May 6, 2006 by ed:
Mhyre, Andersen, Sankofa, Sorondo, Fortune, Perry, Powell, Kishishev, Lisbie,
Holland, Hughes, Ambrose, D Bent, Bartlett, Rommedahl, Sam, Euell.

---------------------------------
[34] TV rights decided
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 5, 2006 by ed:
from Reuters

'UK satellite TV company BSkyB has won the rights to broadcast two-thirds of
138 live top-flight English soccer matches for three years starting in 2007,
with Irish pay-TV operator Setanta to air the rest.

BSkyB is paying nearly twice as much per game as it did for its existing deal
and is losing exclusivity, while less well-known Setanta is positioning itself
to attract more British TV watchers by landing the games.

England's Premier League, home to such clubs as Chelsea, Manchester United and
Arsenal, said on Friday the six broadcast packages generated 1.706 billion
pounds ($3.16 billion), with Sky paying 1.314 billion and Setanta 392 million
pounds.

Sky won the coveted "A" package of matches, which are played late on Sunday
afternoons. It also has the rights for early afternoon Saturday and Sunday
matches, as well as a group to be played midweek and on bank holidays.

"These are exactly the games we were looking for," Sky spokesman Matthew
Anderson said, noting that BSkyB won the "A" package in the second round of
bidding, after it had secured the three other packages last week.

Sky is paying about 4.8 million pounds per game compared with the 2.5 million
pounds it paid in July 2003, although over that span its subscriber numbers and
revenue have increased, meaning the cost is relatively comparable.

Setanta's 46 games, for which it is paying about 2.8 million pounds each, are
mostly scheduled for Saturday evenings and Monday nights.

"Fans will just end up having to go to two places to get their football, and if
the economics work as they should, it'll cost them more to do so," said Ernst &
Young media partner Alan Flitcroft.

"It's a lot of extra costs and they're going to have to be recouped somehow by
Sky and Setanta," he added.

BSkyB has grown into Britain's dominant pay-TV company with a major assist from
broadcasting rights for top-flight soccer, but the European Commission decided
that Sky's current exclusive rights to the matches was anti-competitive and
ruled that at least one of the packages must go to another broadcaster.

After having the rights for 138 matches for each of the last three seasons --
88 of which were shown on its Sky Sports package and the rest on a pay-per-view
basis -- Sky will have 92 a season for the next three-year span. It does not
plan to show any on pay-per-view under the new contract.

"Setanta is going to be an alternative choice for subscribers," Premier League
Chief Executive Richard Scudamore told a news conference.

Setanta, which is partly owned by private equity firm Benchmark Capital, is
carried on Sky's pay-TV platform, as well on cable operator NTL Inc., which had
been expected by analysts to bid for some of the packages.

"Most people in the UK haven't heard of us," said Trevor East, Setanta's
director of sport, who was recently hired away from Sky. "Now we're on the map."

He said its Premier League matches would be carried on as many broadcast
platforms as possible.

When asked if they would be shown on Britain's popular Freeview, a digital TV
service with no subscription fees, East said, "It may do."

Freeview also has a top-up pay service.

Setanta Sports subscribers receive a group of channels, including the North
American Sports Network and Celtic TV.

Its sports package includes top Scottish, Italian, French, German and Dutch
soccer, as well as U.S. football and baseball and Irish GAA sports Gaelic
football and hurling.'

---------------------------------
[33] Letter to Red News
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, May 5, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.premiershipsgreatest.com/premVote.aspx?visit=1&pageid=1
http://www.premiershipsgreatest.com/premVote.aspx?visit=1&pageid=1

ALRIGHT REDS USUALLY I DONT TAKE NOTICE TO THESE SILLY LITTLE POLLS BUT IF  YOU
WILL CARE TO LOOK THE LIKES OF DAVID GINOLA & JURGEN KILINSMANN ARE  OVER  ERIC
AND THAT JUST AIN'T RIGHT!.....PLEASE ALL VOTE AND SEND IT TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS
POSSIBLE! DAVID GINOLA?!

[32] How's this for a price