On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Chris Abbey wrote:

> At 14:35 10/31/99 -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >John Summerfield ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> >> I thought the idea of src.rpms was so users can build from SOURCE CODE.
> >We can't ship the source code to netscape. No one can.
>
> so then the point of shipping a netscape src.rpm would be . . . ?

Giving everyone the possibility to modify the packaging (i.e. move it
to a different group for individual package selection, alter the
description, ...) without having to redo everything.
And, of course, it's much easier to build an RPM for netscape 4.8 if you
already have one for 4.7 to start working from.

LLaP
bero