> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Chris Abbey wrote:
>
> > OK, I'll admit I'm not the greatest RPMer in the world... far from it in
> > fact; but what you just described sounds like the definition of a SPEC
> > file, not a src.rpm to me.
>
> The point of the src.rpm in the netscape case is to give you the spec
> file. The advantage of the src.rpm over putting in just the spec file is
> (among other things) that you can rpm --rebuild * to rebuild everything
> and still get all the packages.
>
> > >And, of course, it's much easier to build an RPM for netscape 4.8 if you
> > >already have one for 4.7 to start working from.
> >
> > 4.8! already? WOW! :)  I'm still trying to download 4.7 at work.
>
> 4.8 isn't released yet. I should have said "will be much easier"...

Back to what I was trying to do; how do I get a Netscape 4.7 rpm for RHL
5.x? Previously getting a src.rpm and rebuilding has worked.

Plan B would be to get my RHL 5.x system to glibc 2.1 (it would be nice so
I can use IBM's shiny new fa<--------->st JDK 1.1.8 on it). However, I'm
especially NOT keen to go to 6.x on it because there's a lot of things I
could break, and most of the important bits are pretty current anyway.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield