Your going to break a lot if you just upgrade 5.2 to glibc2.1 (and don't
compensate for the upgrade by upgrading the packages that rely on 2.0 glib).
When I updated my system a LOT of things broke, admin tools, etc.

I didn't even bother trying to salvage it. I just reinstalled over it. Now I"m
running 6.1 and everything seems cosher.

-Riyad

John Summerfield wrote:

> > On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Chris Abbey wrote:
> >
> > > OK, I'll admit I'm not the greatest RPMer in the world... far from it in
> > > fact; but what you just described sounds like the definition of a SPEC
> > > file, not a src.rpm to me.
> >
> > The point of the src.rpm in the netscape case is to give you the spec
> > file. The advantage of the src.rpm over putting in just the spec file is
> > (among other things) that you can rpm --rebuild * to rebuild everything
> > and still get all the packages.

> > > 4.8! already? WOW! :)  I'm still trying to download 4.7 at work.
> >
> > 4.8 isn't released yet. I should have said "will be much easier"...
>
> Back to what I was trying to do; how do I get a Netscape 4.7 rpm for RHL
> 5.x? Previously getting a src.rpm and rebuilding has worked.
>
> Plan B would be to get my RHL 5.x system to glibc 2.1 (it would be nice so
> I can use IBM's shiny new fa<--------->st JDK 1.1.8 on it). However, I'm
> especially NOT keen to go to 6.x on it because there's a lot of things I
> could break, and most of the important bits are pretty current anyway.
>
> --
> Cheers
> John Summerfield
> http://os2.ami.com.au/os2/ for OS/2 support.
> Configuration, networking, combined IBM ftpsites index.
>
> --

[      Riyad Kalla      ]
[   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ]
[       CS - Major      ]