On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I have:
>
> package.tgz  and "filename.init" in SOURCES.
> I want filename.init added to the package as well when it is
> built.  I've tried various combinations of:
>
> Source: package.tgz
> Source1: filename.init

This much is right.  To get the file included in the binary RPM, in the
%install section of the spec:

install $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/filename.init \
        %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/init.d/filename.init

And then obviously include the file in %files.

Having it listed as Source1 in the header will include it in the SRPM, to
get it in the RPM you'll need to install it by hand if it's not part of
the tarball.

--Chris.