On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Chris Rode wrote:

>Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:47:46 -0700 (MST)
>From: Chris Rode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: RPM oddity?
>
>On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Mike A. Harris wrote:
>
>> I have:
>>
>> package.tgz  and "filename.init" in SOURCES.
>> I want filename.init added to the package as well when it is
>> built.  I've tried various combinations of:
>>
>> Source: package.tgz
>> Source1: filename.init
>
>This much is right.  To get the file included in the binary RPM, in the
>%install section of the spec:
>
>install $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/filename.init \
>        %{buildroot}%{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/init.d/filename.init
>
>And then obviously include the file in %files.

Yeah, I got that part allready.  It isn't getting included
though.  The %setup part needs to place the file in with the
source code to begin with and it is not.  That is the problem I'm
having.  I'm sure it is simple, but can't quite get it.

After the decompression occurs, I watch until the ./configure
step starts, which should mean that the initscript was copied
into $RPM_SOURCE_DIR/ by setup, but it is not there, and when the
package is done, it isn't there either.  Of course the SRPM
contains it, but the "install" section can't install the file yet
because the source argument to install can't find the file in
BuildRoot.

>Having it listed as Source1 in the header will include it in the SRPM, to
>get it in the RPM you'll need to install it by hand if it's not part of
>the tarball.

Yesiree..  that is what I'm trying to do.  The %install and
%files sections are ok, but the %setup section(s) are not...

Aside from Maximum RPM, and the HOWTO, is there any RPM reference
avail?  For the macro builtins?  Seems a lot of new stuff is in
there for sure, and I'd like to take advantage of it.

Thanks for the help!
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

       Try out Red Hat Linux today:  http://www.redhat.com
           ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/redhat-6.2/