"Mike A. Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The bad thing about it though is that it seems like it was written
> in Java, then compiled to a Sparc Binary, running on a Sparc
> emulator in Linux under VMware.  Redraws take forever.

It _used_ to be the case that you could turn on the page cache, and it
would render ahead while you were idle.  But Adobe broke it and
haven't bothered to fix it.  (Iirc, it's broken on all platforms.)

But it is a decent excuse to get a new computer.  8^)  (Not as good as
the old one dying, though!)

--
Alan Shutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - In a variety of flavors!
84 days, 14 hours, 52 minutes, 48 seconds till we run away.