[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Even in a beta release I think a bug of this magnitude

It's a beta release.  It's a release to fix problems.

Whining that a beta release doesn't meet your standards for quality is
a useless, stupid waste of time.  If you can't stand the heat, get out
of the beta.

As it is, you've found the bug and now it can be fixed.  (Actually, it
has already been fixed, and should be in rawhide.)

> use machine while the guy who wants to use Staroffice ends the install
> with an unconfigured printer subsystem.

AFAIK, most programs pipe their output to lpr, so they wouldn't have
been affected by this bug.  lpr file.ps would, though.

--
Alan Shutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - In a variety of flavors!
84 days, 17 hours, 48 minutes, 27 seconds till we run away.