Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Mario Torre wrote:
> > Only a monito and a keyboard, as well as access to some kind of floppy
> > device, not bootable by default. No access to the rest of the machine.
> >
> > You are allowed to use the poweroff tool to shutdown the system.
>
> Press CTRL-ALT-DEL, there you go. ;-)

Yes, there is a way to avoid that?

What is security? Why there were 3 release of the usermode package, as they
allowed a normal user to do "shutdown -h now", and now they are fixed, but
there is the ability to shutdown the system anyway with poeroff or
CTRL-ALT-DEL?

I know these are stupid questions, but I wish to know the answers.

The problem of the poweroff tool is not important, it was only something I
noticed yesterday.

But that gives me a lot of things to think about...

There is no way to avoid a shutdown if you have access to the console?

And if I must take my system running, because it is doing some kind of
calculation, and arrives some other user, and make a CTRL-ALT-DEL, I lose all
my work?

Brrr....

I will keep my system at home tonight ;)

Mario

P.S. for Panu Matilainen

You're right, and RedHat makes a great work for all the 98% of cases.
This question was due to a bad lonely neuron of my mind that was dying of
loneliness! ;)
See You!
--
   http://antartica.sourceforge.net