>> Press CTRL-ALT-DEL, there you go. ;-)
>
> Yes, there is a way to avoid that?

$ grep -C1 'CTRL-ALT-DELETE' /etc/inittab

# Trap CTRL-ALT-DELETE
ca::ctrlaltdel:/sbin/shutdown -t3 -r now
$

I'm gonna go off on a limb here, and suggest that if you comment out that line,
the traditional three-finger-salute on console may no longer cause a reboot.

> There is no way to avoid a shutdown if you have access to the console?

If its a multi-user machine, why do ordinary users have access to console?  If
you want them to have Xterms, deploy X terminals.  If you want them to have
shell access, deploy text terminals.

> And if I must take my system running, because it is doing some kind of
> calculation, and arrives some other user, and make a CTRL-ALT-DEL, I lose all
> my work?

Or hits the power button.  Or pulls out the power cord.  Or opens the box up
and yanks out the CPU while its still powered on, or does any number of other
things that access to the computer gives you.

There is a reason console is special.  You don't have any real choise in the
matter.:)

Doug
--
Doug Kilpatrick