On Thursday 04 January 2001 21:24, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Mario Torre ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> > But RedHat doesn't want from anyone to contribute to its distro.
>
> We don't?
>
> That's the first I've heard of it.
>
> Bill

Well, don't misunderstand me...

What I'm saying is not that RedHat is closed, that would be not possible, of
course (in that case RedHat would be not an Open Source society...)!

I'm only saying what Matt Wilson says:

It is difficult to support everything you submit to the contrib (for example)
directory.

So RedHat decided to be more "selective".

When I subscribed to that mailing list, I had no idea of what I was doing.
The few news about RedHat-devel gave me to think about a programmers list,
meaning for a list about Linux development using RedHat Linux.

And the fact that here we are not speeking about about Rawhide, but about
general questions on RHLinux gives me to think I'm right.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

One think is not good, that I like to learn about the way redhat plan a
distro, but I'm unable to do because in this list we don't talk about rawhide.

Anyway, I think it is right to post message here such as "Corel WordPerfect
doesn't work in RedHat Linux 7, why? It's a bug or I'm missing something?",
etc.. cause that is stricly related to the development.

Just to close this mail, today was released the 2.4 kernel, when we can find
a versione with full instruction to setup it on RedHat Linux 7?
--
   http://antartica.sourceforge.net