On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 04:07:28PM +0200, Riku Meskanen wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Thinking of ipchains to iptables etc. transition, has
> Red Hat yet considered adding Firewall Builder to
> distribution instead of continuing developing
> firewall-config ?
>
> The firewall-config AFAIK does not support iptables yet,
> so those of us needing stateful inspection are out of luck
> with it. Thus I would advise you to check Firewall Builder
> first before putting more effort on firewall-config.
>
> http://www.fwbuilder.org/

IMHO would be an overkill in replacing lokkit. As a direct replacement
for lokkit, I would look at http://firestarter.sourceforge.net/.

Supports both ipchains and iptables, and has a wizard/druid view of
things. And it is a part of the gnome project.

But fwbuilder would be nice to have in the distribution.

--
carpe noctem