thanks Matt , bur I think my /etc/securetty is like this already :

tty0
tty1
tty2
tty3
tty4
..
tty8

i still can't login as root from other computers by telnet... It says "Login incorrect"..  I'm sure I have the right password , because I can login with this password from the console..

And the problem about not being able to execute isn't related with paths.. Because I'm already in /sbin when I'm trying to run some of the executables in there..

Is this a common problem with RedHat? I was using Slackware&SCO before, and i didn't experinent anything like this with them.. My Version is 2.0.30

Arda Tunccekic