I have configured XFree86 for my laptop ( Chips and Tech. 65554 PCI
chipset ) and it loads correctly, but I am not able to correctly configure
the LCD display. When the window manager loads, it scales the screen out
to the edges (800X600) but doesn't scale the mouse or screen coordinates -
ie.  mouse clicks don't happen where you think they should. Also, the
mouse only works in a 640x480 portion of the window. The scaling looks
like a function of hardware because the font resolution is poor. Also, I
have a feature in the BIOS that allows 640x480 screen to be scaled up to
800x600 - I have tried it with this feature on and off, but the results
are the same. I would like to run the window manager in true 800x600 mode,
but I don't know how to configure the display.

The laptop model is Hitachi VisionBook Plus with an active matrix
display capable of 800X600 resolution. Does anyone know how to configure
an LCD for a laptop under XFree86.

Thanks.

 Ryo | Pierre Loubigniac
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]