> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Trond Eivind =?iso-8859-1?q?Glomsr=F8d?=)
> Date: 10 Feb 2001 17:31:45 -0500
>
> Dave Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

<snip>

> > Are you certain Dell still sells Linux laptops?
>
> I found the page (http://www.dell.com/linux/ , then hardware solutions
> and finally notebooks) a month or so ago, but that link (notebooks) is
> now broken.

I told them their web page still had a link back in November, but they
insisted they weren't selling them.

> > When I inquired in August of 2000 they sold them, but only with 6GB
> > hard drives.  When I inquired again in November 2000, Dell told me
> > they no longer installed Linux on laptops due to too many support
> > issues.
>
> The more people to ask for it, the more likely they are to sell it :).
> In general, I've been very happy with Dell so I'd still recommend
> their laptops if you don't buy a system with Linux preinstalled (which
> I would recommend)

They tried to sell me a Windows laptop but I politely told them it was
useless to me since my university uses Unix and the consulting I do is
on Linux systems.  They said they were sorry they couldn't sell me a
system.

Dave