On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Mike Burger wrote:

> Dells seem to work well...my Latitude CPi 266 is running RH7, out of the
> box, and it easily recognized my 3Com 3c575 NIC and Megahertz 56K
> modem...both PCMCIA.

i have an inspiron 7500 i purchased last fall, and given a choice,
i wouldn't buy another dell.  the lcd panel is already starting to
go flaky, and i've made an appointment to return it and get
it replaced.  this in less than a year.

at this point, i'd probably get a thinkpad.  a friend of mine got one
recently and, lo and behold, during a red hat install, one of the
choices for monitor was "ibm thinkpad 1400x1050".  man, it doesn't
get much better than that.

rday

--
Robert P. J. Day
Eno River Technologies, Durham NC

"This is Microsoft technical support.  How may I misinform you?"