>On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Tim Larkins (EUKSHEL1PO) wrote:
>
>> I know that I did get an answer to this question.. but I'm supprised that I
>> wasn't swamped by people either telling me that either a) there are official
>> rpm's of 2.0.33 out there..  or b) Just use the plain tar.gz kernels as
>> there is no difference (and that thing in the Awedrv setup was a one off
>> oddity)...

I meant to post an answer to this question (or one like it) a couple of days
ago.  In any event, there are "unofficial" 2.0.33 kernel RPMS that I made
for newer sound module support on ftp.redhat.com. in /pub/sound/kernel-RPMS

These are NOT signed, official updates!  I released them only because they
fixed a few problems with the sound stuff.  The only differences between
these kernel RPMS and the 2.0.32 ones in 5.0 are (a) the kernel version
(2.0.33) and a newer sound patch.

Mike