On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, nearly comatose, Mat Serwas managed to scribble:

::> 7.  Your system crashes [don't tell RedHat doesn't].  Can you boot from
::>      Syquest, Iomega, CD-rom removeables to reload the OS?
::
::Why not?  It doesn't. ;)
My systems never have crashed with Redhat.  I also work with other Unices,
and I just don't have crash problems unless I'm compiling something really
ugly with too little of some resource.  Unix is a lot more stable than Windows
95 or NT IMHO.
::
::
::
::> MS has/requires tons of utilities.  As a matter of fact, there are
::> businesses out there thriving in making maintenance utilities for MS.
::> So, are they built into RedHat?
Everytime I think of something that I can't do under Redhat, someone writes
or has written software to do it.  There are some pieces of hardware that it
doesn't handle yet, but I have a list of what is supported.  The only real
problems that I've encountered are memory incompatibility and a harddrive that
had no life left in it under either OS.  I've been very happy under Linux.

::
::> 11.The only man I know that could make RedHat a success is Bill Gates.
Well, he could.  He has the money to make anything successful for a while
at least.  He does this by limiting the user's capabilities so that there is
nothing to break.  I like to be able to recompile from source to make changes
that I want.  My only question of you (and it seems fair after your
list of questions ;-) ) is: why are you on a Redhat Linux list, professing
the supposed wonderfulness of Windows?  Are you into arguing?  I won't
argue further; enjoy Windows if it has what you want.  It doesn't have what
all of us want.

Have a good day!
-Vicki
                                 ///
                                (. .)
|        Vicki Stanfield            E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |
|                    "We are what we repeatedly do."                   |
|                             - Aristotle                              |