> > For one thing, it's danged hard to get companies to buy into an OS
> > that has the pedigree Linux has.  Even if supported.
>
> This brings up an interesting point... is anybody succeeding on this
> avenue?  I have a few commercial implementations out and I'm about to
> recommend a government useage of Hurricane.

We're about to start shipping the server application for our medical
application for Student Home Healthcare Nurses built on RedHat Linux.
RedHat Linux won out over Windows NT for two reasons: Cost to our
customers and Development Time.

Success or failure of this project will not be due to the adoption of
Linux, which has already proven itself as a viable solution. If this
project should fail, it will be for non-technical reasons, such as our
marketing or our ability to predict demand.

Bruce Tong
Systems Programmer
Electronic Vision / FITNE

mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]