On 20-Jan-2003/13:05 -0500, Billy Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>This is a repost.  Yesterdays copy never showed up on the list.
>

>We have a text based (ncurses) application that normally runs in a text
>screen.  Currently, when we boot our RH7.3 server, it displays the Gnome
>login screen.  We press <Ctrl><Alt><F1> to get to a text screen and then
>log into our application.  Each login is setup (via .profile) to go to a
>specific menu in the application.  Instead, we would like to logon to the
>Gnome screen, and have it bring up a text window, with the appropriate
>text menu displayed.  Is this possible, and if so, where can I find setup
>documentation?

Navigate the GNOME menu to Settings->Session->Session Properties & Startup
Programs. On the Startup Programs tab, enter the command that will open a
terminal window and run your program:

  gnome-terminal --title 'My Program' -x myprogram

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E>
OpenPGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D