On Tuesday 21 January 2003 03:00 pm, Mike Burger wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Ted Gervais wrote:
> > John..
> >
> > Thanks for your note.  And you were right!!  It sure does work once you
> > have the module installed.
> >
> > But I have another question.   I have two partitions that I would like to
> > mount.
> >
> > /dev/hda1              /dos_c                  ntfs    defaults        1
> > 1 /dev/hda5               /dos_d                  ntfs    defaults
> > 1 1
> >
> > The first one mounts just fine, but not the second one.  Here is what I
> > see when I try and mount the second one manually:
> >
> > # mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /dos_c
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda1,
> >        or too many mounted file systems
> >
> > So something is wrong there.  We know that /dev/hda5 mounted just fine
> > but not hda1.  And if I reverse things and mount /hda1 first than
> > /dev/hda5 won't mount.
> >
> > Funny thing - if I type  " mount /dev/hda1 /dos_c "   it will mount just
> > fine??
> >
> > I wonder why?  This time I just didn't enter the  " -t ntfs",  and it
> > worked??
> >
> > Any thoughts on this one fellows??
>
> Maybe your C drive is FAT instead of NTFS?

Nope.  Drive C has to be NTFS if I can mount either partition using NTFS.
Its just that I can't mount BOTH of them using the NTFS statement, in my
/etc/fstab file.  But I can mount one of them and than the other only
manually when I DON'T use 'NTFS ("mount /dev/hda1 /dos_d")..

--
T.L.Gervais
Coldbrook, NS