On Tuesday 21 January 2003 05:38 pm, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> You said that you were trying to mount two separate NTFS partitions, and
> that you could mount either one or the other but not both.
>
> I'm not aware of any restrictions on the number of NTFS file systems
> that you can mount at once, but I know that you're allowed to mount up
> to four primary partitions at once before you have to start using
> logical partitions inside an extended partition (something I found out
> the long, hard way).
>
> So, I can't help but wonder if you're already mounting three primary
> partitions (which seems to make sense -- root, swap, and boot), and then
> trying to mount yet another two partitions, both of which happen to be
> NTFS.  In which case, the error message "...too many mounted file
> systems" would certainly apply.
>
> It's just a guess.  But it would be instructive to see the entire
> contents of your /etc/fstab.

OK.  I see what you mean.  Here is a copy of my fstab file:

LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
#/dev/hda1              /dos_c                  ntfs    defaults        1 1
/dev/hda5               /dos_d                  ntfs    defaults        1 1
/swap                   none                    swap    sw
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1             iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro
0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro
0 0

> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 13:22, Ted Gervais wrote:
> > At 12:36 PM 1/21/2003 -0800, you wrote:
> > >Just out of curiosity, how many filesystems do you have mounted?
> >
> > Just trying to mount two ntfs file systems.  Would that be two too many??

> > > like to

> > > /dev/hda1              /dos_c                  ntfs    defaults
> > > 1

> > > /dev/hda5               /dos_d                  ntfs    defaults

> > > just

> > >--
> > >--
> > >Slainte,
> > >Richard S. Crawford
> > >AIM: Buffalo2K / Y!: rscrawford / ICQ: 11640404
> > >http://www.mossroot.com http://www.stonegoose.com
> > >"It is only with our heart that we can see clearly.  What is essential
> > >is
> > >invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupery
> > >

> > >--

T.L.Gervais
Coldbrook, NS
Canada.