You should be able to make use of the pam_warn module in the pam
stack for your pop/imap server to dump the usernames and passwords
to /var/log/secure

It troubles me that you think you have to do this to migrate from one
mail server to another though. There should be a transparent way to migrate your users, but its hard to say without knowing what exactly
you are trying to do.

Regards,

Matthew Galgoci

Peter Kiem wrote:
I'm going to be changing the mailserver configuration next week but I need
to know all my user's POP3 passwords so I can do the conversion.

So far I have worked out I can run the following to get a dump of the POP3
traffic to look for the PASS commands:

tcpdump -n -x -s 1514 tcp port 110 and dst host my.ad.dr.es

Does anyone know any scripts/programs that I can feed the output of
tcpdump into so I can filter out and record the packets that contain the
PASS command?