On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:31:15 -0500, "Francisco Neira"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> Francisco Neira wrote:
> | bulent acikgoz wrote:
> |
> |> hello friends,
> |> I want to telnet. but ý take this message after all of the operation;
> |>
> <SNIP>
>
> |> Feb  5 22:54:47 bulent xinetd: xinetd startup succeeded
> |> [root@bulent root]# telnet bulent
> |> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> |> telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
> |>
> |> Can you any advice?

Ahhhh, in my previous life (before retirement), I remember in Solaris,
there was a file in a /etc/????? directory, that you had to edit to allow
root telnet access.  A regular user works OK, but by default, root does
not.

I have no idea if this a similar setting for Red Hat????

HTH,
Mike