It is your TCP Wrapper in the target machine.  OK check the /etc/hosts.deny on
the target machine, if your host machine IP address there, then remove it.

Or it could be that the target machine hosts.deny is setup to deny all access
and only allow the localhost connection.  In that case you will find one line
as below:

ALL: ALL

If thats the case -which is good- then you need to enter the following into
the /etc/hosts.allow of the target machine.

ALL: 172.20.90.100

this will make the 1st machine (host machine) able to access all tcp services
on the target machine.

BTW some linux firewalls automatically enter Attacking IP Address to
hosts.deny.  For example if you have PortSentry installed and if it detects
any port scan on any port (that is monitored by it) it will block the IP by
adding an entry of that IP to /etc/hosts.deny there by denying tcp access to
the services for that particular IP or hostname.

You can read more from the man pages and see the links below:

http://www.sfu.ca/acs/security/linux/tcp-wrappers.html
http://www.linuxtrainers.biz/articles/tcpwrappers.html

Regards,

Al-Juhani
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>Hello,
>I am trying to make a telnet connection between two machine running RedHat.
>The first machine have the IP : 172.20.90.100
>The other one is 172.20.90.50
>When i make : "telnet 172.20.90.50 3510" from the first machine, i have an
error message "Connection refused".