On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 16:29, Alan Harding wrote:
> I must admit that for the last year or so I have been running red-carpet
> and up2date.
>
> Red carpet is used for all my package updates, and it has never given
> any problems.
>
> Up2date is run only to do kernel upgrades.

But again, you are consciously deciding not to mix them by doing
different updates with one or the other. This does _not_ qualify as
peaceful and harmonious coexistence in my book.

I, on the other hand, would like both myself and my people to use a
single tool if possible. But, far more importantly, I would like to
minimize human error when someone inevitably updates the wrong thing
with the wrong tool.

All I've heard today still makes me feel like I shouldn't mix them.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz