What exactly does the header files do while sitting in the up2date directory?
Why would you keep them?

Mark

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 10:30 PM, Andrew Schott wrote:

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 23:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I noticed that my /var/spool/up2date is full of already installed
rpm's on my machine. For each .rpm there is also a .hdr file. What is a
hdr file and can I delete both of them from the spool? Also, is there a
way to have rpm files automatically deleted from the spool once they
are installed?

Mark

Hi Mark!

I would keep the hdr (header) files personally. Those are IIRC the only
files I do keep.

Andrew