From: Robert P. J. Day [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 6:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RHCE

On 10 Feb 2003, carsten wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
> I am considering to get certified. Could somebody tell me the basic
> steps or give me some recomendation where to start?

(man, this really should be in an FAQ somewhere.)

don't just read.  do.  *work* with the system.  invent projects
for yourself, then carry them out.  as in, "today, i am going to
create an additional filesystem and format it so i can store
my MP3 files on it."

or "today, i'm going to pretend i forgot the root password,
and i will do what it takes to recover from that."

or "today, i will deliberately trash my MBR with the 'dd' command,
then restore it to recover my system."

and so on.

rday