On Monday 10 February 2003 10:03 am, Rechenberg, Andrew wrote:
> I would have to agree with Robert here.  The best way to study for the
> RHCE is just work with Red Hat Linux everyday and think of things to
> break and then fix them.
>
> I've been using Red Hat since 1998 and took my RHCE in late 2001 on
> RH7.2 and I found that my everyday use of Linux helped more than any
> written material that I looked through before the exam.  If you have
> been working with Red Hat and/or Linux for a while, the RH300 Rapid
> Track course is excellent and is good exam preparation if you or your
> employer can afford it (no I don't work for Red Hat ... yet ;) ).

Thanks Andy for offering your thoughts on getting ready for the RHCE. And if
particular mentioning the RH300 Rapid Trace course.

I think that most of us here on the RH list work daily with our systems but
don't try and break and solve things. That is a good point, and something I
am going to try and do more.  Mind you, I normally break a lot of things
without meaning to break them, and than I sit in grief for about a week
trying to fix it.  But, your point is well taken.  If you can fix it, than I
bet that RHCE exam will seem a bit easier..

--
T.L.Gervais
Coldbrook, NS