On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 18:14, Caleb Chaplin wrote:
> I'm curious as to how redhat-specific the certification is geared
> towards.  Like, for the instruction and testing is it *solely* based on
> redhat's differences or should one expect other more "universal" linux
> and unix material?  I can understand the importance of cross-platform
> experience of course, I'm really just curious how redhat-centric the
> material is.  Some kind of more general unix certification would be nice
> too but I havn't heard of anything in that regard.
>
> Caleb

While it does favor Red Hat configuration for obvious reasons, the
network services are still open source applications that are intended
for multiple platforms. (Yes, I know there are differences)

I consider the knowledge that I've gained to be general *nix knowledge.
Sys V init scripts, Tripwire, Apache, Sendmail, Samba, NFS, NIS, etc.

Not that I'm anybody, but I fully endorse the Red Hat training program.

:)

--
Caleb Groom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>