-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Arthur Mueller
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 5:48 PM
To: RedHat-List
Subject: First results => APM on Laptops

Dear community,

back to the original problem:
- Laptop Acer TravelMate 630 latest model 1 week old
- RedHat Linux 7.3
- Kernel 2.4.20 from kernel.org
- APM compiled; ACPI left out
- laptop supporting ACPI

Lon Lentz gave me advice to recompile the kernel without ACPI but with
APM. I did so. Here are the first (disappointing) results: