Read the DNS-HOWTO it has all the info you need to know in it, except for
the fact that if you are setting up a DNS Server that will be on the
internet, and that it will be either a 'primary' or 'secondary' server,
that you MUST tell the authority for your DOMAIN where it is and what it's
named is. I was rather disappointed to find that it wasn't in there.
Actually without having the book in front of my face, I believe O'Reilly's
DNS & Bind book didn't mention it either.

If it is in either of those documents, I sure as hell didn't see it, and
spent abit of time tracking that info down.

http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO

Be 'very' careful with where your putting periods '.'

Dan