You do not have to tell the authority of your DOMAIN about you secondary
name server, unless you plan to allow others to query it.  For example
many organizations let the ISP host their primary name server of which
their secondary name server feeds.  The secondary name server will be
used by their internal users only, this way DNS queries by internal
users will be minimal over the Internet link, and should the ISP's DNS
go down, users will still be able to use the secondary DNS.