On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Mingle, Michael wrote:

> I have 2 Linux servers on a small test LAN. I am trying to setup
> sendmail properly.  I have configured the proper MX records in the DNS
> database.  I have setup Sendmail to allow connections other than
> localhost (127.0.0.1). Only one of the servers is configured to use
> sendmail, the second server has the sendmail service disabled.  If I
> logon to the second server, box2.test.lan, and send email to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], I receive the mail but if I try to reply it looks like
> it came from [EMAIL PROTECTED] I have changed the MASQUERADE AS
> entry in the sendmail.mc file but this has no effect. What else do I
> need to change in order to allow all mail to appear to come the domain
> and not the machine? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Check the settings of the program you are using to send the mail.  this
is the program that normaly sets the return address.  Sendmail doesn't
rewrite the return address unless you set up rewriting rules to do so.
(I would have to look up how to do it in sendmail - I have used postfix
too long..)

Mikkel