I would like to unsubscripted this. Please do not send any mail to me again.

Many thanks

        -----Original Message-----
        From: ABrady [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Wed 3/26/2003 4:38 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: (no subject)

        On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:15:14 -0600
        "Jason M. Kuhlman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        > Following the discussion over the last couple of days over the release
        > of RH 9 has been interesting.  Question:  Obviously most of us are
        > very fond of Redhat, at least up to 7.3 gathered by some of the heated
        > discussion today. Since I would assume RH would be/is your first
        > choice of a Linux distribution, what is your second and third choices?
        >
        > Just curious

        2. Knoppix (drive install)
        3. Debian
        4. SuSE

        I decided to dump Mandrake (don't ask) or it might have been number 2.

        Number 2 listed there might become number 1. It doesn't have anything to
        do with any directions RH is going (or perceived directions) as it might
        be with some. I don't have any arguments with how they do things like
        some of the so-called "purists" may. I've just been looking to move
        along for a long while. Debian install gave me fits for a long time (it
        didn't play well with some of my hardware). Knoppix installed fine and
        is complete. After that Debian played nice, too.

        I'm also considering Gentoo. But it can't make the list until I have the
        patience to get it all installed. That's something I gave up trying to
        do on my other machine once already. it takes a long time since it all
        has to be built up from a bare-bones setup.

        RH will probably still stay around since I'm most familiar with it and
        I need familiarity to keep some server stuff working. It might lose out
        on the desktop real soon, though. Like in a couple of weeks.

        --
        Apologies are so hard to give. Would you accept some potatoes instead?