> Didn't they do something similar with RH7.3?  I mean, didn't it jump
> from 7.3 to 8.0?  I seem to remember a jump of a few ordinals to 8.0.
> But I could be wrong, can someone correct me?

Yes, that is correct. It usually happend that way though. I remember 5.0,
5.1, 5.2 then jump to 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, then jump to 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 then
jump to 8.0. What everybody's on about Tim, is the fact we did a major
version jump 8 to 9, without a few point releases (no 8.1, or 8.2).

I can understand RHCE people will be fairly pissed off.

Other users - seriously - let's not debate over the number hey? Who cares
what it's called as long as it works?

Regards,

---
Edward Dekkers (Director)