On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:26:48PM -0700, Bill Anderson wrote:

> Also: "Minimal installations currently require more than a single CD."
>
> Seems like a bug to me. Why not arrange them such that the most commonly
> used and smallest installs be on the first disc, then the second, and
> the third being for the least often installed options?

This is what Red Hat did for the last few releases. I believe 8.0 (or
is it 7.3) shipped without a i585 kernel because there wasn't enough
space on the first CD to include (this was fixed in errata since there's
no space limit there). I suspect it became impossible to fit the base
install on the first CD.

> Or is this just to make people have to DL the whole set and thus be
> more likely to buy iy? ;)

You wouldn't happen to be an X-Files fan, would you? :-)

Emmanuel