On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:37:41AM +0800, Edward Dekkers wrote:
> Other users - seriously - let's not debate over the number hey? Who cares
> what it's called as long as it works?

But that's the point, from my view. I *always* skipped the x.0's (in
fact, I skipped the x.1's as well) and reading about them on redhat-list
usually comfirmed that decision. Up until now, the x.0 was followed up
with *very* stable, compatible versions as point release - most of the
time that were the x.2's, with the exception of 7.x -> 7.3. 4.2, 5.2,
6.2 and 7.3 were very good, the lot of them. That's why I'm waiting
for a stable 8.x, not for another x.0 release, which again has new
major problems to be shaken out.

Cheerio,

Thomas