The source code for the kernel should be either installed (check
/usr/src/linux) or available as an additional (large) package that you can
install from your install media.  IIRC, it goes by something like
kernel-source-<version><architecture>.rpm, i.e.
kernel-source-2.4.17-i686.rpm.  It's been a while since I've dinked w/ this
specifically, so hopefully it's somewhat close.  This version of the kernel
is the one that RedHat uses, which may be slightly different than the plain
'vanilla' one you would find at www.kernel.org, which is where the main hub
of Linux kernel development resides.

HTH,

Monte