On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 08:10:05AM +0200, Mohammed Awad wrote:
> I'm on my way to install redhat 8.0 for resarch purposes. My point is would
> I be able to get access to the source code of the kernel or even some parts
> of it (which ones?) , in order to modify the source ?
> If not, then where could I get the source code of the kernel, then?

You can get full source to not only the entire kernel, but also every
package that's part of the standard 8.0 release.  If you downloaded the
ISOs, you probably got 3 full of binaries, and then there would have
been 2 ISO of sources.  You can also get from Red Hat's FTP site or any
one of their mirrors (see http://www.redhat.com/mirrors.html).  When you
set up your 8.0 system, pay special attention to setting up up2date.
This will give you easy access to all the security updates for your
release, plus give you easy access to the sources.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]