Zoki wrote:

> Okay, I'm affraid this is going to be the last try before being forced to
> take up Windows again: I've been fighting with the e-mail system for the
> last month without finding any sollutions. I tryed to get some feedback
> from this list but without success; except for some not very to the point
> reactions. I'll repeat the question(s) with the sincere hope somebody will
> be able to help me out because after the last 3 days I'm close to attack
> the PC physically. Anything that should be simple in the normal world
> either doesn't work or doesn't want to start or takes hours to figure out.
> And it's not like I'm not well equiped with all kind of books.
>
> These are the problems:
>
>         Netscape's mailer sends the wrong address in the "From" field because of
> which I can't mail to this list from Linux.
>         Instead of sending my address - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - it sends something
> like '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' or                'root@localhost'.

Under Edit , Preferences there are section on setting up all of netscapes
parameters

>         I tryed to use Pine but the same problem persists: The "From" field is
> wrong: I get constantly "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
>
>         How and where do I change this once and for all!??
>
> Other problems:
>
>         While trying to start xbru I get an error "BRU=unable to find/exec bru
> executable-Aborting". After a check everything  seems to be in place.
> What's the problem here and what do I do to solve it?

Bru has this problem since the time zone change to daylight saving or whatever it
is.
Look back on the archives of this list for info on how to do this
I used the fix which was simply to put the following line in  .bashrc
export TZ=?DT
where ?DT is EDT, MDT, PDT or whatever your timezone
There were other fixes

> Hmmm...I guess this is it for the time being. Thanks in advance for your
> feedback.
>
> Zoki.
>
> P.S. Sorry for the harsh tone but right now I feel like killing a PC or
> something...

A little patience will yeild worthwhile results
Its taken me since 1994 to get this machine running mostly the way I want :-)
But I have learnt a little along the way, and its been fun!
Phil

> *****
> ATTENTION
> - Please send attachments with filenames in DOS format (8.3).
> - S.V.P. envoyer les annexes avec le nom en format DOS (8.3).
>   Merci!
>
> %% Fin de Message / End of message %%
>
> --

email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
This message was sent  using Linux 2.0 power!
Where do you want to go tomorrow?