...like when buying a house - the three most important things to remember
are location, location and location. When it comes to fighting spam - the
three most important things to remember are spamassassin, spamassassin and
spamassassin.

For reference: Prior to implementing spamassassin, my mailbox would get (on
average) 70-80 spam e-mails per day. With spamassassin running, I see 2-3
spam e-mails make into my mailbox per week. Thats not a type-o, 2-3 per
week!

Checkout: http://www.spamassassin.org

Steve Cowles