wrote:

>  > >If it doesn't print
>  > >an error message, it has loaded and jumped into stage2
either with
>  > >LBA or CHS geometry.
>  > >
>  > >
>  >     I'm curious, where does stage1_5 come into play, if
>  what you're
>  > suggesting is that it jumps from stage1 to stage2?
>
>  In stage1 source code, the next stage is called stage2.
;)

Now Mike, This is not Fair! You cant keep changing the
nomenclature
like this, It just confuses my poor little brain.......
I thut I thaw a put-tee tat......

So lets see, no stage 1.5 unless you are reading the grub
manual
by the light of the full moon under a pear tree, divide by
27,
carry the 2, divide again by four and multiply by PI
R-squared to the Nth power.
Lets see................hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Bing...........Warp
Speed Mr Sulu..

Okay , so we have Stage 1 the MBR or Primary Boot Loader
which calls
Stage 2 the Main Boot Decision loader which calls Stage 3
the OS loader?

Or is it just Stage 1 and Stage 2 followed by the OS LOAD
and boot?
or it is Stage 1, 1.5 and 2 and carry the 3 if you are using
the same motherboard
as Ashley?

for the unwary -  CTS and CHS refer to the same thing

For really old ones like me, we refer to disk in terms of
Tracks,
which was the original nomenclature used with removal pack
disk drives
later generations like heads better, I guess they changed it
because
of Winchester technology