you are not likely to be able to ping anyone, most
sites block pings nowadays. Can you run a browser session or
dig on a domain name to see it's ip address?

what does ifconfig say about the ethernet card's address
info
is it right for your ISP?

do you reset your default gateway, dns server info etc, for
your cable service provider???

Plumley
>  Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 1:04 PM
>  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]