I had the same situation. I resolved it by running lokkit again. Linux worked normally after that.
The following change may also resolve the problem:

in "/etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth#", change PEERDNS=no to yes.
It worked for me.

Ken Plumley wrote:

Otto,

Sorry, my mistake. Yes eth0 does activate in this case
but it fails to successfully reach the internet. I can
not ping any IP addresses out on the internet.

Ken

--- Otto Haliburton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I don't understand what you mean when you say the
eth0 failed to
activate.  The IP address you are assigning is
unique isn't it.  You
don't have the other machine up and running at the
same time. Explain
what you mean by eth0 fail to activate.  Also check
your /etc/host file.