At 03:02 9/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
anyone point me to a url or explain the precudures in hosting my own
domain name on my servers? without redirecting from another isp.

1. Set up two machines for DNS service (on Red Hat, typically use BIND for this), and make sure they answer for the domain containing the information you want to provide (like, www.domain.com is 123.123.123.123). Name them something, for example ns1.domain.com and ns1.domain.com.

2. Register the domain (avoid Register.com and Networksolutions.com as very expensive) and when it asks for the nameservers point it to those two machines. This is usually done by providing the IP address but sometimes they ask for both hostname and IP address.

3. Done.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz [EMAIL PROTECTED]